Thursday 17 April 2014

Day 20 - Fremantle

Our last day and a one of mixed emotions, we were looking forward to our day in Fremantle, sad in the knowledge that this would be our last day of this very special holiday but a little bit looking forward to getting back to the UK to see the people we've missed. None of us was looking forward to the journey though!



Still, putting the thoughts of our return to the back of our mind we set about going to enjoy our day. "Freeo' has an array of shops (a little a kin to those you would find at Hockley in Nottingham), a harbour, street performers, lots of cafes, bars & restaurants and a little beach.



Jodie still had some birthday money to spend and Jenny spotted a hoody she skilfully made Simon aware he needed to buy for her!

We had lunch at the Little Creatures Brewery Bar which was a funky bar on the harbour which as the name suggests brewed their own beers on-site. It was a funky building with a mix of clientele. A leisurely lunch was followed by a stroll along the harbour.



Simon had his photo taken against a statue of someone, an ACDC band member, but as usual I should pay more attention and can't remember exactly which band member but I think it ended in Scott!



A trip to the ice-cream shop and another casual walk through the town was taken before returning to the cars and driving home (via the supermarket for things for our impending return).

I spent the remainder of the day and evening packing whilst Simon and the girls had one final dip in the pool. Oh yeah, and then writing blogs!

A few more pics here

So now for my oscars bit..........

I would like to thank Paul & Biz (and Porter) for allowing us to invade their wonderful abode and take over the last 3 weeks of their lives. We have had some amazing experiences and it was extra extra (see what I did there?!) special to share it with my little brother and sister (in law). It was a joy to see the girls laugh and joke with them and we really have created an abundance of memories which will last a lifetime. Whilst we have been here though there are some super super special people back home who have been holding the fort, looking after the animals, our house and our business. Thank you soooooooo much Mum, Dad, Holly & Lucy (M) for all of your hard work which has gone above and beyond, I really really do appreciate it. Also thanks to Megan, Jess, Lucy (W) & Millie for being an amazing team, rolling your sleeves up and getting on with it...... your'e the best :) I'd also like to thank Jerry for reading my blog, it was really just for Mum & Dad to keep up to date, but I'm so glad you have enjoyed my ramblings too.

Anyway, it is now 23.26 and we are leaving in 3 hours and 24 minutes so I suppose I had better try and have a little nap (although I know I won't!)

So long, until the next time..........

Lots of love, Trudy x

No comments:

Post a Comment