Sunday 13 April 2014

Day 14 - Night's out

We had a lovely relaxing day by the pool, the pool was so inviting and there were definitely no jelly fish involved so I was safe!  Porter enjoyed using me as a lilo and was happy to be floated up and down, saving all his energy as he didn't have to swim.  It made him very sleepy and lethargic and it was a real effort for him to get out via the pool steps.  We also had a laugh at his expense, sending him to swim to Jenny, but then Jenny would hide underwater and this confused Porter muchly.


You move, you loose Jenny



The girls had been invited over to the Kalamunda Show by Casey whose family are friends of Biz & Paul.  We went for Pizza with them earlier in the holiday. Uncle Paul was delivering them and they had to depart by 3.30 so at 12.00 with only 3 hours 30 seconds for beautification the preparations began for the big night out. This left Simon and I with a lovely, tranquil afternoon by and in the pool....... pure bliss :)

Us adults were also having an evening out and with a table booked for 6.30 at Hippo Creek restaurant at Waterford we headed off. We reached our destination which was located in a retail village kind of place but it was quickly decided that the Hippo Creek at Subiaco would be a quieter and more pleasurable dining experience, so a quick call, table booked for 7.30 our excuses were made and we left for plan b.

Subiaco is a sophisticated and vibrant area where people gather for a night out with a selection of nice bars and restaurants.

Subiaco high street

We spotted a Nando's (Jodie's fave) so Biz & Paul posed for a cheeky shot to try and make Jodie jealous



Next stop was the Purl Bar for a pre dinner drink. We were sat next to a smoked glass screen so it goes without saying that Simon took the opportunity for another shot.


Hippo Creek was our next stop and we were shown to our table in the corner of the restaurant. Selections made we ordered our meals and looked forward to there arrivals (we were really hungry). Starters came and were delicious. Then mains arrived and mine looked spectacular I had ordered Rump steak cubes which dangled off a Skewer over a bowl of chips known as Hunters Assaghai. I was given specific instructions from the waitress on how to remove the said chunks of steak to avoid a catastrophic fall of the dish. So, with a photo taken I set to.

Hunters Assaghai

So, now you have an idea of the task ahead of me. I tried................... and I failed..........big time! I held firmly at the side while skilfully teasing the bottom chunk off which landed in the chips....easy peasy lemon squeezy. I then attempted to stick the fork in the chunk of meat to transfer it to my plate, this wasn't quite as easy as I had envisaged and enlisted the knife to stab it instead. Tooled up with both hands led to my demise and before having chance to shout out an expletive the garlic butter sauce resting on top of the chunks had catapulted through the air and splatted on my sleeve, all over the floor and my bag strap narrowly missing Simons camera resting inside. The table next to us gave a gasp and for a horrible second I thought I had got the lady sat to my right. Luckily she avoided any splash and handed me a hot towel to mop up with while praying that the waitress who gave the instructions didn't come back before the evidence was removed.

Simon, Paul & Biz all had fillet steak which melted in their mouths. My steak (once I had managed to get a chunk on my plate) however was as tough as old boots so when the waitress returned she took it away and replaced it with a fillet which was delicious but very filling, so Paul finished mine off (as well as Biz's!)

We visited Kings Park en route home to take in the city at night and Swan River, all lit up. A good chance to get a few night time landscapes with the Fuji X100S, resting on a handrail with pretty pleasing results considering we didn't take the tripod along.

Perth by night

On our return to the car I received a text from Jenny saying that they were 'back safe and were still alive', the girls were also sleeping over and it was good to know they were back safe.

More images can be found by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment